blahblahbloglog

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Blow those cobwebs away

Lovely, cold but bright, strong breezy day, unlike what my poor friends in Northern California are suffering. I have yet to hear from them, but feel smugly glad that I don't attempt winter visits to California, as Katherine has. Doesn't she remember what it was like ?- but she will probably remain in LA unless she has already ventured north. Well Happy New Year to all of them, anyway, poor creatures. Actually, I don't know if I could force myself to enter USA at present, or in the lifetime of the present administration, so ideas of a visit are moot.
I'm alone in the house, both kids away at their revels, or the recovery therefrom - and still I feel the familiar thought: 2 down, one to go, her birthday being the third celebration of the season, bigger than ever this year because of it being the 21st, more than ever a worry.
I enjoy the last of the mulled wine for breakfast and relish the peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home