blahblahbloglog

Sunday, November 13, 2005

No rest for the wicked

Or is it 'peace'? I am so glad to report that we have had our first 24-hour period without rain for, oooh weeks, I think and I am happy because today, Sunday, I have to go and meet my cohort in Dublin and walk around, listen and look. I think the talk is about ethnic identity, which should be interesting, considering the changes Dublin has been through in the last 15 years, during which time I have been privileged enough to be here. On a crisp day like this, it is no hardship to travel 15 miles to listen to someone impart his wisdom/knowledge/opinion.
The last time we did this, on a Saturday about a month ago, our group were pelted with various matter-(stones, batteries, firework sticks) - from a group of hooligans from Sherriff Street,-(no harm done, but could have been nasty if the battery had hit my head instead of my foot) but today I am hoping for a more genteel reception. That particular group of Dublin lads would have been distinctly homegrown: I can imagine them enjoying/ creating the sort of mayhem that has occurred in Paris with a very different ethnic group, with a different agenda.
Gotta go, possums....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home