blahblahbloglog

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Crank it up, baby

Suddenly, we have clicked into exam mode. I am already feeling under pressure with the 3 essays and half project which I had been determined to finish by March 10th, looking increasingly impossible to achieve. I did the first of the three essays last weekend, but it was exhausting and I am unsatisfied with the result, so I will probably have to redo portions of it.

The project deadline looms, so I will have to tackle that before the other essays. It begins to look as if my Spring "break" will be spent essay writing and completing the compulsory Part II (fieldwork) project, instead of beginning my revision process, as planned.

This is the point at which all sorts of extra trips, lectures and field trips suddenly loom out of the fog and bite, unexpectedly hard, at the ankles. Lecturers start to deliver their exam talks (which usually turn out to be singularly unrevealing).
I start turning down all invitations; the Sunday papers pile up unread.
I put on weight, with the inactivity, and snap back at the offspring, when they are demanding - well, - anything.
I almost wish it could be last September again, when everything seemed so splendidly full of potential, instead of February and nothing to look foward to except work and pressure and exams until June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home