blahblahbloglog

Thursday, February 09, 2006

more of the same

Yesterday was a crappy day - I took the wrong folders to work, my glasses fell apart at the seams and I lost my favourite gloves, but today everything went running the right way and feel really smug, for no justifiable reason.
I got my glasses put together without a hassle at the opticians, in a jiffy. I found my gloves this morning, where I left them yesterday, in the cavern in the basement that is the computer room.
I managed fine without my folders and put things together in the evening.
This afternoon, after staring at the Lindisfarne Gospel Book for an entrancing hour, I was ready to leave college to do the weekly shopping run - my life is so thrilling - when I got dragged off to a meeting.
The meeting was unexpectedly delightful and rewarding. Our demands are to be met and we are to be left unmolested, as it were, by the Americanization of the college educational system. We shall be allowed to finish our degrees as we started them. We shall not be expected to change horses in mid-stream, etc., etc. Those who have deferred or are off on Erasmus schemes, will return to find the new system in place, but them's the breaks.
I am delighted. Apparently some schools, or even all of them, will even come clean about the choice of topics on the elective syllabus for next year, which will make a change, since it has been normal practice to have no notice before the beginning of the Autumn term and sometimes not even then, leading to incredible confusion. Of course, when they intend to examine people in December, it does help to let them know what they are doing from the off, in September.
So I feel this was a good day.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home