blahblahbloglog

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Cheap chocolate

Call me weak, but I just forced myself to hand over twenty euro for the sake of peace. I vant to be alone with my medieval art n'arch today, so yesterday I laid out good money for crap-all. One dependent insisted on the classic, over-packaged, foil wrapped cheap chocolate "egg" we have come to regard as the normal way to celebrate this holy day in the Christian calendar. As a non-Christian I can only wonder what Jesus would make of people guzzling chocs to celebrate his agonised death.
The other one opted for a bottle of wine, so now I am coerced into encouraging her drinking habit, not a pretty thought. It's a dreary kind of day, so one can be a glutton and one can recover from the night before. I will soon go upstairs to work, like any other day.
How long will it be seen necessary for me to waste my money on these insane purchases? I hate to spend money on such a blatant rip-off, knowing that confectionery manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank, but for this year and probably the next one too, it's a small price to pay for a bit of peace and a lack of hurt feelings.
By that time, with both offspring in their twenties, maybe I can retire from the crazy world of cheap and nasty chocolate purchases.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home