blahblahbloglog

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I HAVE visited Portugal


This is the final attempt to get it right, since it bugged me that Portugal had been accidentally left off the counties-visited worldmap. I loved Portugal the one time I went there and I would love to return. Especially I liked the Atlantic coast and the castle of Henry the Navigator, part of which was at that time used as a youth hostel.
I also have very much at home in those ex-Portuguese colonies and trading posts which I have visited - Macao, Goa, Timor, Sri Lanka and Cochin, the people seeming to share some special characteristic of reserved friendliness and the ability to cook simple but superb dishes which combined local cuisine with Portuguese flavours.
No, I have not visited Switzerland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home