blahblahbloglog

Saturday, June 03, 2006

No time to leave the computer

I have been spending absurd amounts of time trying to book bits of 2 separate holidays which I hope to enjoy this summer. Outside the weather is at last enticing and I should be out in it acclimatising myself to not wearing woollens anymore.

I need to prepare for the roasting conditions in Crete. Meanwhile the computer draws me back to check that I can't find a cheaper fare or one more convenient, that links to a ferry instaed of stranding me in a place without B-and-Bs, youth hostels, guesthouses or camping sites able to accommodate a single person for a single night. I really do not require luxury accommodation, pampering with spas, fully-equipped gyms and pools, when all I want is to get my head down for a few hours until I can resume my journey.

When did travel become so complicated? Perhaps it is time to go back to handing the job back to those qualified to do it and let the rest of us get on with our lives. Attempting to be one's own travel agent is not all it's cracked up to be.
As for the trauma of getting offspring launched across the Atlantic, I cannot bear to write, since it is an on-going nightmare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home