blahblahbloglog

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Foiled by the machine

At last we have been able to sign up for our courses. Except I couldn't seem to find the way in, off-campus, and had to finally admit defeat and go in and ask for help. Then, I found I had over-looked one crucial hour, which clashed with another subject and my whole little edifice collapsed.
Several modules didn't show up at all, so the irritating online prompt message kept re-iterating that I hadn't completed. Eventually, in a fury, I signed up for any lectures I could, just so that I could finish.
This morning I calmed down and redid them. Most of the modules are showing now; in fact only the Archaeology field trip option refuses to appear, so I am still an 'incomplete'. It makes me feel like an incompetent, but I am feeling relaxed about it now.
Possibly the reason I felt so bad yesterday, was that I came dowm with a gastric attack overnight and am only just now recovering and - phew! - feel suddenly better tempered. This morning I felt really depressed and negative but I hope I have flushed that out now.

It is a pity about the course I had to abandon, because it was a kind of bridging course between my 2 subjects, as well as being linked to another course I am taking and I had intended to write my dissertation on a related topic.
Oh well, back to the drawing board....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home