blahblahbloglog

Monday, March 12, 2007

Watch the birdie!

The birds on the lake are acting a bit strange -they seem to be deserting the water for the concrete edging, even if they are in the path of hundreds of student feet. One almost-adult cygnet was under the awning of the new admin extension last week - what can it mean?
Maybe Mrs Swan is sitting on a nest and her twitchy cob feels he has to scare everyone away. If she has a nest,it isn't on the little island like the last 2 occasions,so maybe it is under the bushes somewhere - otherwise - no new cygnets this year. Plus I can only see about 4, maybe 5, cygnets from the original 7 of 2006. They are hard to count now,as they are 95% white now and I cant distinguish them from their parents when they are distant.
So, who do they belong to? In England it's the Queen, in Ireland ?
I haven't seen the speckled blackbird again.

I'm trying to take my mind off the fact I have just broken the tooth that I have been waiting eighteen months to get fixed.I feel as if I am inexorably falling apart, like the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home