blahblahbloglog

Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy Birthday, dear offspring

It is Junior offspring's 21st birthday today and I feel so sorry for him. He mixed up his filming dates and will not feature in today's shooting of 'Tudors' but maybe he didn't really fancy hanging about in the state of supreme boredom that being an extra implies. He will be doing some later in the week, if he can be bothered.
However, he has nothing else to do and is still in bed at 2 PM. Worse still, there was nothing in the post, because he already got his present from me and I gave him his card at 7.30 AM today, containing a front door key and €100. This appears to be all he will get - and even though he never buys a present or card for anyone else, it still seems very sad that none of our small family could get it together to put a card in the mail. He was at some festival last weekend as his birthday celebration, so there are no more scheduled as everyone is broke, too busy working or about to go away and saving their money for that.
Older sibling says she cannot afford to send him as much as a card and has been surviving on $40 since her last paycheck and won't have any more until the next one - I really am going to have to sort that one out this summer.

All I can say is that he is following in the family footsteps - my own 21st was likewise unremarked by family members and none of my friends elected to throw me a surprise party. At the last moment, I tried to organise a tea party, but nobody but my housemates turned up, which was just as well as the (self)-catering was crap. All a bit of embarrassment really...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home