blahblahbloglog

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Roller coaster

Feeling alternately good about course and completely overwhelmed by amount of reading and essay writing...which ought to be reasonably straightforward by now, but for some reason isn't. I write and rewrite and then rewrite again, unable to stay absolutely en point. Why is this so?
The recycling truck company have decided that this neighbourhood is not worth visiting any more, as we are not 'responsive enough'. The truth is, they reduced visits and made them so irregular and unpredictable that people started paying for the kerbside bags rather than try to get out to the truck on the once-a-month, 45- minute-long visits. The problem for me is that they won't take milk or juice cartons - or glass, which is understandable - in the kerbside collection bags. It's a very long haul for me to the nearest recycling center or needs a begged lift from a friend, not easy to come by, especially as it is closed most of the weekend - another user-unfriendly design flaw.
Crisp autumn is here and with it the daily firework explosions from the dear neighbour's garden. I am actually looking forward to the bonfires this year as I hope to get rid of my pile of broken-up and rotten ex-porch timber, which is still cluttering up my back garden, with rusty nails waiting to snag the unwary. I still haven't done all the shrub removal and bulb planting that should have been done by now. Maybe this weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home