blahblahbloglog

Saturday, October 07, 2006

A window of space

I am occupying the house by myself for the first time in over 20 years. It's wonderful - the offspring are both in San Francisco and I am here on my own. I hung the winter curtains up and am working my way through washing all the bedding. Already the house smells better; I am enjoying the tobacco-free air.
I put all the guitars, amps and piles of cds in his room and brought some of my books downstairs and spread them all over the kitchen table, with my files and paper.
I cleared the table where the computer sits and set it up the way I want it. I rearranged the kitchen; for one month I need not cook unless I wish to do so. I plan to eat my way through the cupboards of tinned and packet food, supplemented with fresh, very fresh, food, bought on the way home from college, but I will NOT shop like a robot every Friday afternoon, dragging home the purchases by taxi.
I have a lot of work to do, even allowing that we are not being forced to deliver essays in every module, I still have to write c.2000 words every weekend for the next month.
I'm in Heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home