blahblahbloglog

Sunday, November 12, 2006

The inevitable fall

Obviously, that tiny bit of validation did go to my head, because a few days later, I bit into a sandwich and broke a near-the-front tooth. After a few days, I gathered up enough courage to go to the dentist, because I realised it was abcessing and, well, I knew I would have to get it fixed sooner or later and putting it off wouldn't make it any cheaper.
It was worse than that - it was unfixable. I shall have to have it out and have a denture, which made me feel 105.
Having some kind of plate with a tooth suspended from it, is not going to do anything for my self esteem, but what I really wanted to ask the dentist was: what happens when you kiss? I mean -- really? will it get hooked out by an adventurous tongue? Not that I have anyone around to find out, in practical terms, but no one wants to think that they won't have a 'someone' in the future - even if they are very old already.
At least, it won't cost me anything, but that is only a tiny consolation.
It made me remember thatI am still waiting to hear back from the Dental Hospital about my other implant - maybe, if they like me, really really like me, they would put me on the list for this one too. It's something to hold onto, anyway.
I fear, however that they don't approve of my refusal to participate in their drug trial and I may be lucky to get the original tooth fixed, let alone this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home