blahblahbloglog

Monday, November 17, 2008

Getting going

I'm staying put, for the time being anyway.
Just waved off offspring #2 to Australia for 12 glorious weeks anyway. For the first time in years - ever in Ireland - I'm living alone, the little house mine all mine.
Meanwhile, I am getting into the swing of researching a subject "properly". The worst part is constantly having to explain what I am doing, but I hope that after a year or two, I should be able to deliver a synopsis without struggling too much, certainly without stumbling over my words.
I now have 3 supervisors with varying degrees of responsibility for assisting me achieve the goal of a doctorate in History of Art. Although it seems to be trans= disciplinary, to the extent that I am to be found in the Schools of Landscape Architecture and Architecture, as much as in the School of History of Art, but I could equally easily be found in the schools of History, Geography or Archaeology.
I am actually loving it, the feeling of freedom is invigorating. I plan my own research time but seeing my primary supervisor every 2 weeks keeps me up to scratch. Within a month I will have to appear before a panel of my three supervisors to discuss the research plan which I am producing. Also apply for a smallish scholarship, which will give me some travel money.
But not for my next small trip which is to Antwerp and Amsterdam at the beginning of December.
Should be fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home