blahblahbloglog

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Off again, off again, clippetty clop

Yes, off to Mantua via Bologna, courtesy of Ryanair's policy of positioning their airports at odd junctions, far from the destination one had in mind. Of course, you can't fly to Mantua as it is so nearly surrounded by water that it is practically an island. Which leads on to the conference which I shall attend, on water issues in northern Italy between the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. At least, that's what I think it is about - -since my Italian is so poor, I shall be merely dipping my toe into the offered wisdom and certainly attending the few lectures which are to be delivered in English.
It will be the first time I have attended a conference abroad and my first one as a doctoral student researcher.
As I did not get away for any time at all this summer, I feel I can indulge myself before settling down to a winter in libraries and archives here in Ireland. Still it is my second trip to Italy this year and maybe I had better try to speak a little Italian this time.
It will also be really exciting if it is sunny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home