blahblahbloglog

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dazed, bothered and bewildered

Well, I am disgusted of Tunbridge Wells tonight. It has taken me about 3 separate efforts to realise that my email address had become corrupted on the sign in, but I couldn't see it so I could not sign in. This will turn into another super-boring post if I am not careful....
Busy trying to balance all the work, with the other work and the extra work. And the home scene being really stupid, with the broken computer and all. My laptop is coming under sustained attack now and it will get worse. Offspring considers I should buy another one 'for the house'. I think he should get a job and replace the one he broke. The laptop has been threatened with destruction, and my year;s work with it if I don't give him minimal (at present) access to it.
Got my invitation to the awards ceremony so that will be nice if the offspring wants to come this time, he is invited (again) but I cannot be sure he will bother, so I might have no guests. Better to invite a friend, really, but I feel I have to try to get him to at least one of these dos and having attended this one last year and the conferring in December, I know this one is the better deal - shorter, fewer people and better food, music and ambiance.
Then I'll be off to Venice a couple of days later, so lots to do. I have to prepare a presentation on Villa Barbaro. I intend to cover the inside-outside relationship and the nymphaeum more than the arch and frescoes, which we have really covered already last semester, but it still has to be done AND a 5000-word essay, with a paper presentation before we go...
glory-; I have actually forgotten what it feeks like to relax. Except I did a week ago, when I was pulled into a party, downed a buncha wine and got pushed into a table quiz. Well we came second, so not all bad, although I felt guilty for getting a question wrong, that I should have known, causing us to get in a tie-break, which we lost on the 3rd round. Well, it's like penalties, isn't it, you know you'll lose eventually....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home