blahblahbloglog

Monday, December 24, 2007

Blue Christmas

This is really carried on from the last post, but that was so out-dated, I had to restart.
I have been invited to the Awards ceremony next March - at first I thought I should not be able to attend because we would be in Venice but it turns out to be the Friday before, phew! - because I want Roy to attend and have invited him - and the girlfriend (if you are still around, I felt like adding) to come as my guests. She looked a bit doubtful I have to say. I was quite elated although it was pretty much a given, since I won the award but with this college - you never know.
I went in to get the paperwork signed for the reimbursement of trip expenses and the whole 'non-EU student' thing is apparently still on the computer and although the CC didn't seem to know about it, the college thought that they had been billed the non-Eu amount (which I doubt, the CC wouldn't be that free with their money). So I hope it is sorted out but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back at me again. I returned the paperwork, with 3 signatures, 2 stamps and all sections filled in by 4 different people. This was in addition to the letter detailing all amounts and giving full travel details which the secretary had already supplied. I felt embarrassed going back to her with all the further demands knowing she will have to repeat the whole process for each student on a grant.
Contacted my ex-lecturer about problems with thesis topic and he very sweetly responded speedily and to the point with many practical and theoretical ideas - but I think I will have to stop asking for help and just simply get to work. Having said that I have another round of calls to make to try and contact people over garden visits and Christmas/New Year is a very difficult time to try and do it. No response from 2 tried so far.
Was feeling up yesterday but came crashing down again later. Affected by my son's moodiness too and his impossible-to-live-with habits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home